Saturday 17 September 2011

They hurt again

The last couple of evenings have produced some nice fish, well by West Dart standards of wild brown trout anyway. I was generally unahppy with my line last night, there was a stiff wind blowing up the river andf I have always felt the Snowbee XS to be a shade on the light side for my Streamflex. I took the Cortland tonight which reaffirmed itself against the blank and threw effortless loops into challenging gusts - I think I shall stick with the 444.

Tonight was different though; as I drove across the moor to Hexworthy for my cup of coffee at the Forest Inn there was a new but familar feeing to the air - autumn is with us. The moorland landscapes have started to turn their defining colours of this time of year. No argument from me, I love all seasons on the moor from rain to sunshine. Black Pennell produced a few fish last night, so was put to the test again, alas it was hit hard a few times by fast moving fish but nothing was landed. Oh well...

I was leaving just as the angler in this photograph arrived, he was happy to fish where I had been, he was still there long after I had finished my coffee at the Forest Inn too. I have to say though... the weather has turned so much colder... I could feel it in my bones... and my fingers...Well - they hurt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment